Monday, July 5, 2010

Dream: David Tennant...no homo!

So I had a dream last night. It was pretty weird, but I think I know why I had it...all that Comic Con research I've been doing.

I was working as a waiter at some small restaurant or coffee shop somewhere. It was late and the shop was just closing up. I was sweeping the floors and stacking cups or something when I saw one of the tables in the back still had someone sitting at it. As I made my way to the back of the shop to give the non-verbal "you should pack it in" to this customer I stopped suddenly. I caught a glimpse of the patron and it hit me all at once who he was...the 10th doctor!!!


David Tennant was sitting by himself reading a newspaper/magazine in my place of work. I didn't want to seem like one of those ridiculous fans his kind probably run into daily, so I tactfully picked up the broom that I had dropped and casually made my way at a natural pace to the table he was occupying.

Once I was within a reasonable distance I stopped and asked him if he was...who he was. He was very nice and asked if I was a fan of Doctor Who. We talked for a bit, during which time I dropped in that my girlfriend would die if he autographed something for her. It seemed like he ignored this fact and we kept talking about his career as the Doctor and how this past season ended with Matt Smith taking over. He said he liked the direction the show was taking, but didn't know anything about River Song...damn!


After about a half hour of talking, I decided I was done being creepy and decided to let him go. As we were getting up he told me to hold on! He asked if I had anything to write on. I asked him to wait a second while I ran into the back. When I returned he was standing by the door with an open hand. He asked for the paper in my hand and my girlfriend's name.

I don't remember anything after that. I assume he signed the paper and I became like the best boyfriend in the world.

Fin.

1 comment:

  1. i had a dream like that except he was the teacher at school and i didnt talk about dr. who. we somehow became friends in 20 min. of talking. and i didnt have a boyfriend.(im female!)

    ReplyDelete