Monday, January 16, 2012

Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace 3D...you'll see it!

So in case you didn't know, you can now pre-order your tickets to see Star Wars Ep I in 3D on February 10. While I don't think it's necessary to pre-order, I think it's necessary to get excited...at least I am. Of course if Star Wars isn't your thing, that's cool. However, for the so-called "fans" you should be excited because the lore is on the big screen in 3D. If you don't think Ep I is the best, you're right...it's certainly sub-par compared to the OT, but it's not bad as a movie and story so stop bandwagoning with the hate.

On that note, I don't understand where all the hate towards the franchise has come from recently. Of wait, that's right...I do. HIPSTERS! So Lucas tinkered with the blu-ray...get over it! The changes weren't excessive and no one is breaking into your house to splice new footage into your VHS collection. No one forced you to buy the re-releases, but you did anyway...just like you will pay to see Ep I in 3D (as you should...it will be great). Somewhere in the middle of all that drama surrounding a few 1080p changes you all started hating on the franchise because I guess it became cool? Star Wars was here before you hipsters started trying to hate on something you've never seen...the OT before it was remastered. I am also too young to have seen the OT in theaters, but I saw it re-released when it was remastered the first time and I'll pay to see it next month and in the coming years when it's updated again...because I'm a fan who loves the universe Lucas created. I can watch any version I would like at any time and look forward to the story being adapted through time.

May the Force be with you...hipsters!

No comments:

Post a Comment